In a recent Grant Thornton survey, 100% of Irish employees were found to experience some kind of stress in their lives. The GT report also discovered that 70% of that stress was related to employee finances.
How do you help your staff deal with their biggest stress, their finances ? Help them with a solution that is both simple and inexpensive….
Expert, independent, financial advice can be provided either to groups or to individual employees by John Lowe the Money Doctor for relatively little cost while also addressing your company commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility.
The benefit is enormous: a happier, mentally healthier more productive workforce.
Your relationship with money begins with your relationship with yourself. Here’s how to conquer your debt fears and take control of your financial life. This interactive presentation – Financially Healthy for Life – aims to simplify and demystify the financial issues all employees face. Addressing financial issues is key and in our presentation, employees will learn how to manage, monitor and improve the four key financial areas. Here is how The Money Doctors range of financial topics are addressed along with some testimonials :
- Planning & budgeting
- Planning your financial life … the pain-free way
- How to set and maintain an annual budget
- Savings & investment
- What you should be saving and why
- How to look for the right mix and where
- How to start making smarter decisions about your money
- Mortgages & debt management
- How to obtain mortgage approval without fuss and in double quick time
- The shifting parameters of mortgage qualification
- What to do when debt’s at your door
- Life & Health cover & Pensions, retirement planning.
- Protection we should have and why – life insurance made easy
- Why we must look beyond the State Pension
- How to assess our needs after retirement
Financial wellbeing seminars on the above are both participative and infotaining – worksheets are supplied and presentations can be tailored to suit duration and specific date and times. Copies of Money Doctors 2020 can be bought at discount prices to incentivise staff to attend and motivate better finances.
Follow on one to one consultations and secondary seminars can be arranged and all presentations are currently given by the principal, John Lowe.
Introducing the Money Doctors Financial Wellbeing days
The Money Doctors will visit your company premises in arrangement with HR / company directors and consult with individual employees who require financial advice in total confidence. These one to ones are called the 20 minute Money Doctor consultation and cover the A to Z of personal finance including budgeting and planning, savings pensions & investments, mortgages, debt management, life & health cover. This is how it works :
– A Fact Find is completed by those members of staff who are looking for advice whereby they give us a picture of their financial situation. ALL financial advisers MUST comply legally with this Central Bank of Ireland directive every time they meet clients so that appropriate and personalised recommendations, solutions and action plans can be prepared and given at consultations.
– The employee may return the completed Fact Find to us prior to the consultation day, the Financial Wellbeing day. This means we can go straight to the heart of the issues without the waffle.
– Alternatively, members of staff can bring their completed Fact Find into the actual consultation appointment with them and based on the content, the Money Doctors will review and prescribe if necessary. If further time is required, that can be agreed with the member of staff outside of company time.
– After and arising from the consultation, a short follow-up email with fact sheets, spread sheets and other documents that may be pertinent and very helpful to those seeking advice will be sent out within 48 hours….
Please contact us directly if your company wish to avail of this service or book a financial wellbeing seminar.Contact Us
What They Say
“It was a pleasure to welcome John to Dropbox in February 2018. John delivered an interactive, interesting and thought provoking session which received excellent feedback from Dropboxers. We look forward to welcoming John back to Dropbox soon.”
- Cliodhna Thomson – Dropbox I EMEA People Ops
“John gave a great presentation on personal finances to our Springboard+ Enterprise programme this week. The talk was well presented and the feedback was excellent. Our participants went away with a very useful handout and practical tips such as do a weekly and monthly personal finance budget. I recommend the Money Doctor to those starting a business.”
Cairín O’Connor – Development Director, Docklands Innovation – A Bolton Trust initiative
“John met with our Irish team post-budget to conduct a seminar on Surviving the recession – simple steps to transform your finances, giving them valuable financial insights and enabling them to structure and budget their own finances. He also completed one-to-one financial consultations with our team members on the day and provided them with insightful feedback in the form of a “financial prescription”. John was able to provide our team members with the Money Doctor Finance Annual to further enable their financial education. In particular the Seminar/Financial Prescription/Finance Annual format is one that can work really well in any organisation. Given the financial pressures currently on employees in Ireland I would strongly recommend that organisations work with John to inform, educate and ultimately empower staff to contribute to their own bottom line.”
Frank Scott-Lennon – HR Director PCH International China Solutions
“Many thanks to John and his team on the excellent, up beat and interesting presentation made to our colleagues. The feedback from all who attended has been very positive and John really “struck a chord” with colleagues on the key points to assess when considering personal finance matters. Also, the materials John and his team presented were succinct, relevant and very professional. All in all it has been a very worthwhile process”.
Niall Eyre – HR Director Pfizer Healthcare Ireland
“Sincere thanks for an excellent seminar held for our staff. In these times of economic difficulties and uncertainties on an unprecedented scale you managed to provide our employees with valuable advice for managing their personal finances. Your presentation was relevant, well structured, interesting and easy to understand. I am delighted that with the help of your own as well as your team’s expertise we were able add to the fulfilment of our social responsibilities as an employer.”
Werner Schwanberg Managing Director WGZ BANK Ireland plc IFSC Dublin 1
Providence Finance Services Limited trading as Money Doctors is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland